Open MUI File
File extension MUI used by Windows OS to store Multilingual User Interface. MUI files are internal windows files and are only used by Windows software. Typical MUI file will contain definitions and layouts of specific user interface elements which depend on region or language of the Windows operating system in use.
MUI could also mean Micro User Interface library which is part of OpenGL. Typically OpenGL MUI library doesn't produces files with MUI file extension thus file with MUI extension will typically be a Multilingual User Interface.
Frequently MUI file extension could be appended to an end of the already existing file. For example Myfile.dll could become Myfile.dll.mui which will store language specific definitions for Myfile.dll. One language specific file is used per supported language.
Rate this page: 4/5 based on 22 ratings
Populating this website with information and maintaining it is an ongoing process. We always welcome feedback and questions that can be submitted by visiting Contact Us page. However since there are many users visiting this website and because our team is quite small we may not be able to follow up personally on every request. Thank you for your understanding.
How to Open MUI file?
- To see if you have an application which support MUI file format you need to double click on the file.
- This will either open it with matching application or Windows will suggest you to look for an application for file extension MUI either on web or on local computer.
- If there is no application on your computer which can open MUI files you need to search on the internet which application can open MUI files.
For more general information about how to open MUI files, file extension mui and registry you can read one of the following articles:
- Windows registry - Windows registry is included in modern Windows operating systems to replace the older INI files which also contained system configuration. Let's concentrate on the structure and purpose of Windows System Registry, review some possible attacks to it and ways to avoid them...
- Folders, files and paths - Files are the entries or information stored on your computer. These are represented by binary coding and written on the tracks on a disk. Files are often represented by distinct icons, a normal practice done by Microsoft with their products including system files for their series of operating systems...
- What are file extensions? - File extensions are unnoticed yet are very crucial parts of the computer world. But many are still unaware of the basic foundation and principles behind the remarkable wonders of computers...